Skip to main content

Travel requirement

Visiting Canada for IFIPTM? For immigration information, please refer to:  Immigration, refuges and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)

An official, up to date information on travel to Canada is maintained by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada(IRCC).

EU and EEA (European Economic Area) nationals do not require a visa.

An overview of countries whose citizens may require a visa to enter Canada is listed here.

Information for visa exempted travelers can be found here.

Participants are responsible for visa arrangements. It is advised to start visa application process as early as possible as processing times by IRCC may take a few months.

A letter of invitation which indicates the reason for the trip and the applicant's itinerary while in Canada might be required with a TRV application. Please check your local visa office for more information.

Email all inquiries about the letter of invitation to